Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Don't Read That. Read This.

Music Trader hooked me up (for $10) with a great find in the Madness' One Step Beyond. The title track is one of the best, and actually is a great memory from my youth when I used to see the music video on Much Music Retro. That was back when there were video themed programming on Much rather Bring It On in 53 different versions. I loved the beginning which also started the Much Retro commercial. "Don't Watch that. Watch this."



This album is one for those that are into a more old school type of ska, although it is by no means "real" ska, it does have a lot of instrumentals, and it is definitely made for people that are looking to have a good time. The songs are fast moving, and have beats that make you want to get out of your seat and skank.

Some other highlights on One Step Beyond are The Prince, Rockin' in a Flat, Land of Hope and Glory, and one wierd one that you may very well dig becuase it is catchy, but I'm sure how may times I could listen to it in one day. If today is any indication, once.

No comments:

Post a Comment