Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Flatliners Tuesday April 5 - Park Theatre

The Flatliners are in town tonight, and if you have never heard of this group, or scene them live make sure you get down there to see one heck of a show.

Some fans, myself included, are a little disappointed that they don't really include ska tracks on their albums too often any more, but the new album, Cavalcade is still chalk full of great tunes like Bleed, Shithawks, and the first track The Calming Collection, which are all real hard, real fast tunes that are similar to Bigwig, especially on their Reclamation album which is one of the best albums I picked up in 2004. Right now Cavalcade is one of the top five new albums I have picked up in 2011.

Just to prove that the ska and reggae vibes they pumped out on Destroy to Create are not completely gone check out track three from Cavalcade.



As I have siad before on this blog intros are usually crap, but there are a few funny ones on Cavalcade including the one that is taken from Spinal Tap. Hilarious movie if you have never seen it. Spinal Tap will have to be a blog topic after I rewatch it.

Give me some comments if there is anythng you want me to touch on in particular in Spinal Tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment